AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Director stats

Page: 1

Author Post
Would it be possible to expand the stats? The Directors love analysis, and love the view column. But it might be nice to expand this into a reporting tool.
ie a web page they can visit with stats on or a csv/html email that gets sent weekly to specific email addresses.

Also - the view would be useful if it recorded a date the view took place. This wouldnt show in the admin tool very well, but a new column of view dates could be output on the directors report.
This can be used for example to determine which times of day or which days are more popular than others. So maybe phones could be manned more on those periods.
Administrator
That's a great idea - thanks for the suggestion. I think we could look at doing something for v1.9 to improve statistics. Ultimately, we may be able to offer some sort of Google Analytics integration too. We'll look into it.
On the views column - does it take note of IP address, ie only show a view if it isnt the same person? (I hope the answer is yes, or mines broken! :) )
Administrator
Hi Snizbit.

The number of views are recorded using a hidden 1px GIF image. The first time you look at a car's details, the view will be recorded. However, if you visit that page again in the same session, most browsers will return a cached image so a second view is not recorded (unless you hit Ctrl+F5 or restart your browser).

"Views" should probably be titled "unique viewer sessions", but that's likely to confuse users!

I hope that helps.
Craig

Page: 1