AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Failed to create tables

Page: 1

Author Post
I am trying to evaluation Auto Director on my local machine. I am running windows 7, using WAMP server and my test user has all permissions that I can grant within phpmyadmin.

I have created the database via phpmyadmin, and the setup is connecting successfully, however it is failing to create the tables.

I believe this to be a permissions errror as mentioned elsewhere, but am unsure where I need to set the permissions. Could someone advise please?

All files within Auto-Director are read/write via Windows explorer properties.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Details:
Connecting to database "autodirectordb" on "localhost" ... success.

Dropping existing "users" table ... success.

Creating the "users" table ... FAILED. You will not be able to log on.

Dropping existing "sites" table ... success.

Creating the "sites" table ... FAILED. You will not be able to create sites.

Dropping existing "example" table ... success.

Creating the "example" table ... FAILED. No example site will be available.

Setting read/write permissions on DATAFOLDER (data/) ... success.

Generating data files for "example" site ... FAILED. The following errors were reported:
Your vehicle list could not be extracted from the database - vehicles will not appear on your web site.

Checking if file uploads are permitted ... success.

Checking if PHP GD extension is loaded ... success.

Checking email - sending message to support@yourdomain.com ... FAILED. AutoDirector could not send an email. AutoDirector will work, but you will not be able to add new users or receive customer enquiries by email. Please check the mail function settings in php.ini or contact your ISP.
Administrator
Hi Paul. It sounds as though your database user does not have appropriate permissions to create tables. The easiest thing to do is grant all permissions to that user in phpmyadmin. I hope that helps. Craig
Thanks Craig, I thought it might be that, but can't work out what is wrong with the user.

User Host Type Privileges Grant Action
autodirector_use localhost global ALL PRIVILEGES Yes Edit Privileges
autodirector_use localhost database-specific ALL PRIVILEGES Yes Edit Privileges

Any suggestions please as to what could be wrong? I have also tried root which gives the same response.
Administrator
Are you using cpanel? Normally, you need to assign that user to the database too?
Could it be that you've got another unusual character in your text? Copying and pasting from Word could certainly cause problems.

Page: 1