AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

problem when with new sites users

Page: 1

Author Post
New users on new sites are getting the following message when the click "add ne vehicle. I am using an old version.

"The site is not defined, or a database communication error has occurred. Processing cannot continue - please contact your administrator."

I have added new sites and new users in the past and they are having no problems.

I would also like to update to the lates version but Im not sure how or what impact it would have on current users sites. Would I loose the old css?
Administrator
Hello Slim.

The most likely cause is that your database or file permissions have changed. The database user must have permission to add new tables. But I recommend looking at the file system first - AutoDirector must have be able to write to the data folder. See #4 on the troubleshooting page.

With regard to upgrading, you would lose modifications you've made to AutoDirector's CSS files if you overwrite them. I'd recommend using a tool such as WinMerge to merge your changes into the new CSS files. And keep a back-up!

I hope that helps.
Thanks for the speedy reply. Hmm I have checked file permission, its set to 755. I have just noticed all the existing users are in there but the new ones I attempted to add are not.

Any pointers as to what I should be looking for within the data base?

Thanks again for the speedy reply.
Administrator
The file permissions are probably correct.

You should now ensure that the database user has full rights to modify the database (see your autodirector.ini file for the names). You should be able to check using a system such as Cpanel. Otherwise, see the !install.html file 1. database setup for the MySQL command to grant full rights.
Thanks again.
Thats put me in the right direction.

Mark
Ok Ill try to squeeze this in before we all go home.

The new user is in the database and so is the two cars we added. They are still there and working. The problem is when the new user logs uot then in again. everything works for him but its when he goes to add a new car he gets the message.
So he can add cars on his first login but when he logs out then back in he see's the error.

Sorry for been a pain but this guy will be at ame all night.

Thanks
Administrator
Check the settings for that site (showroom) - click "Edit" next to the name. It sounds to me that you have limited it to, say, a maximum of 2 cars. That limit does not apply to supervisors but does to general users.
No not that Its set to 10 cars. I may have to pay you to take a look at it.

Thanks
Administrator
OK - get them to clear their cache and cookies or use another browser.

Page: 1