AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Price Issue! Adding 12 to the front of all prices?

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi,

When i enter a price for a vehicle it adds 12 in front of ALL prices? I am using the 30 day evaluation of the latest version(1.9)

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Graeme
Administrator
Hi Graeme,

I'm guessing you mean it shows '12' before the price when viewing the showroom (not adding vehicles in the admin panels)?

If so, it sounds like a character encoding issue. See #6 in the troubleshooting guide.

I hope that helps.
Hi Craig,

It's when i go to the vehicle administration page after i've added a vehicle. When i press the save button after entering the vehicle details i can see a square appear in front of the price before the page refreshes.

Thanks,
Graeme
http://sdusedcars.co.uk/Autodirector/

default login and password.
Administrator
That sounds odd. Does the '12' remain on the price after saving? e.g. 999 becomes 12999?

Which browser are you using? Are you running any form-filling software which could affect it?
Yes the 12 remains on the price after i save. No, not running any form filling software.

Running IE8 and also get the issue in Firefox 6.0
I have a mysql06 database
MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Administrator
I can replicate the issue. Can you double-check that includes/adsite.php has been uploaded in ASCII rather than BINARY mode. That goes for all the files except images.

I don't think it's a MySQL issue because the character is modified prior to any database updates.

However, your pages are being served in UTF-8 even though the pages are marked as ISO-8859-1. That sounds like a potential clash to me.
« Last edit by Craig on Wed 23 November, 2011 16:05. »
Can i change the pages to be served as "iso-8859-1"
??
Administrator
I'm not sure why your server's insisting on UTF-8? It shouldn't. I suspect there's a setting somewhere. You can switch to $ which solve the issue, but that's only a temporary fix.

Have you checked it was uploaded correctly?
includes/adsite.php was uploaded correctly.

In phpMyAdmin before i install the autodirector software the "Collation"is set to latin1_swedish_ci?
Administrator
I don't think that's a problem. It's more likely to be a server or PHP setting which is forcing pages to UTF-8 when they're not.

Page: 1