AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Images

Page: 1

Author Post
Ok, another stupid question from Matt the...

Sorry to be such a pain in the rear, but I have a question about images.

Can they be uploaded by FTP rather from the control panel or back end admin as long as I use the correct format for the images?

As I understand it, the images should be:

registration (lowercase without the space and numbered from 1-10

This would save me a LOT of time if it's possible.

Thanks again.
Administrator
You can do it using the import wizard. That would certainly work for adding new vehicles. You can't FTP images for existing vehicles, so you'd need to re-create them in your CSV file.

It's an interesting problem though, and I'll have a think about how we can improve it in v2.0.
Thanks for the reply Craig!

I'm sorry, I really should use the correct terminology - I did mean the Import Wizard.

As for v2.0 - how about extending the maximum images too..? Sometimes 10 just isn't enough!

Thanks buddy.
Administrator
(Question moved into import wizard topic)

The import wizard uses 'profiles' to determine how data is imported. Look at the end of /import/profiles/example_profile.ini:

imagefile = "'/^example-' . strtolower(str_replace(' ', '', '[2]')) . '.*\.jpg/i'"

This translates as: find all JPG files in the import folder that start with "example-", followed by the registration number (converted to lower case with spaces removed), followed by any other text.

You can change this rule to match whatever image file name conventions you use. Using this example, if you were importing images for the vehicle with registration number ABC 123, the following image files would be picked up:

example-abc123_1.jpg
example-abc123X.jpg
example-abc123_anotherimage.jpg

I hope that helps.

And, yes, there will be no limit on image numbers in v2.0. You can increase it a little further in v1.0 ... see this post:
http://www.autodirector.co.uk/forum/topic-19.html
« Last edit by Craig on Fri 18 July, 2008 7:21. »
Craig,

You are a star! You provide an excellent program and excellent support.

Thank you so much.

Page: 1