AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Default page problems

Page: 1

Author Post
Hello

Having a small problem, when my site loads instead of taking me to page of vehicles, it takes me to

The vehicle you requested is not available. Please return to the showroom.

Then I have to press back to show room to see the cars.

This happens everytime

This is the code

<div id="autodirector"></div><script type="text/javascript" src="http://quay-cars.co.uk/autodirector/carlist.php?site=usedcars&amp;style=clean"></script>
Could this be related to me not being able to get this to work correctly

Setting read/write permissions on DATAFOLDER (data/) ... FAILED. It may be necessary to chmod this directory (and possibly all its sub-directories) to 755 if futher errors are encountered below.

I did what it said, even said the same when changed to 777
Administrator
Hi Phixon. Sorry you're having problems.

First, I assume you're able to log on to the AutoDirector control panel and change vehicles? If so, the permissions are fine.

The problem is actually related to your website's content management system - Joomla. If you don't use SEO URLs, Joomla uses an 'id' value to determine the page. The id is set to 60 for your showroom.

Unfortunately, AutoDirector looks at the same value and tries to show car 60. That doesn't exist, so you get the "car not available" message.

Fortunately, a fix is already available. Download this file and follow the instructions in !readme.txt...

http://www.autodirector.co.uk/downloads/carlist-joomla.zip
Will give it a go now, do u recommend just enabling SEO urls before trying the fix?
Fix worked.

Thank you very much. Just for the record I never did get the Datafolder to permission correctly, but appears everything works.

Thank You for your time! Love the product.
Administrator
The fix will mean that you don't need to enable SEO URLs. However, I'd recommend doing so if your system supports it.

The data folder permissions must be fine, but some ISPs probably won't let PHP apps examine or change them.

Glad to hear that it's all working now.

Page: 1