AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Year Field

Page: 1

Author Post
Hi Craig,
is it possible to adjust the 'YEAR' field to accept text ie 'NEW' or 'USED' or even leave it blank?
Thanks
allan
Administrator
Hi,

Removing the year from the control panel is a little tricky because several things depend on it (such as ordering the vehicles). However, it could be removed from the showroom itself with a simple update to carlist.js. Is that what you need?

Craig
Craig,
is there any way to leave this field blank, if I type 9999 in the field it gives a '0' year but I would like it blank ie: no '0' for certain vehicles. For example a few of my sites deal with tractors and machinery so the year field is fine for the actual tractor but is not required say, for a trailer, but the system forces a figure in the year field, is there a way, like what you have done with the 'Price' field for example, to input in 0 for USED and 1 for NEW. Hope that makes sense.
thanks
allan
Administrator
Hi Allan,

I think that could be a possibility, although it'll take a little consideration and modification. Leave it with me.

Incidentally, is there any reason why you couldn't use the year? If I was buying a trailer, I'd still be interested to know how old it was.

Craig
Hi Craig, any news on this modification?
Administrator
Hi Allan,

We're going to have a look at it for v1.9. No promises yet, but it should be possible to leave it blank. There's no date for release, but it won't be too long.

Craig
Hi again Allan,

We have it working! v1.9 will allow you to keep the year field blank so it's not shown. You can also tweak carlist.js to show specific text when no year is set.

We're in the final stages of testing now and hope to release very shortly.

Regards,
Craig

Page: 1