AutoDirector forum

The AutoDirector support and advice forum

Server Move Error

Page: 1

Author Post
Hey guys! First i must say thanks - been using autodirector without issue for years now!

Second, just had to move a site from one host/server to another and now have an error and are unable to even access the login page. Here's the error:
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The website is franklincars.net

Any help you have would be greatly appreciated
Administrator
Thank you for your kind comments.

Moving hosts can always be problematic because the set-ups are different. An "internal error" could be anything!

But since you're unable to access the login page, I suspect it's something fairly fundamental, e.g. your server doesn't recognise index.php as a default document.

Try adding index.php to the end of your AutoDirector URL, i.e. http://domain.com/autodirector/index.php

That might work. If all else fails, try a clean installation to see if that solves any issues?
Thanks Craig! Do you think i should go ahead and upgrade to 1.9? If so, do you mind sending over a link to some info on how to do so?

Sorry, its been about 6 years since i last installed AD.. Thanks again!
Administrator
You should certainly get the latest version. Follow the download link from the home page. Remember that you'll need your license key from the old installation.

We can do the installation for you but it is a service we charge for.
I think i can manage, but thanks! Is there a way for me to get the license key from the previous install?
Found a permission error on the ad folder and can log back in - Getting this error on the upgrade though..

franklin: FAILED. The following errors were reported:
Your vehicle list could not be saved to data/franklin/vehicles.js.
Please try again or contact your administrator if this error continues to occur.
Please check the errors generated above and reload this page again to complete the upgrade.

Thanks again for all your help!
Sorry to bother you again - Also, this is the upload error we're getting..

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'data/franklin/pics/4562.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/franklin/public_html/ad/vehicleadmin.php on line 680

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'data/franklin/thumbs/4562.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/franklin/public_html/ad/vehicleadmin.php on line 686
Administrator
Hi. You'll find the licence key in autodirector.ini.

It looks as though AutoDirector doesn't have permission to write to the data folder. Try setting chmod permissions to 777 on 'data' and all sub-folders. Good FTP apps can do that or you can use the command line chmod.
Alright Craig. Here's the deal!

Backed up ad folder of website
Did complete reinstall
Created a new site (franklincars instead of franklin)

Left the ini and all databases the same..

Need help getting the old data from the "data" folder back into the new site..

Thanks again for all your help
Administrator
I don't think that will work.

The database holds most car details - not the data folder. That folder's only for images and a cached JavaScript file.

Also, you'll need to check if you're missing any values from autodirector.ini. The new version may have more.

Have you run setup.php again? If so, that will wipe your existing database if you used the same settings (it does warn you it'll happen).

The way I'd recommend doing a transfer to a new host:

1. Copy all the existing autodirector folders and files to the new host. chmod the data folder, sub-folders and files to 777.

2. Copy the database to the new host.

3. Check autodirector.ini for any changes to database strings.

4. Run and test (it should be fine, but editing a car or site will prove that).

5. Upgrade to the latest version by overwriting the files, checking for new autodirector.ini values (in the sample) and running upgrade.php.
Good deal.. Thanks again for all your help! You guys are awesome

Page: 1